Related Topics

Contact Us

Call Student Services at (08) 8113 7888

Answered By: Emma Roeters
Last Updated: Aug 14, 2015     Views: 8

Deferrals can only be approved if you have exceptional circumstances:

  • Serious illness or injury, where a medical certificate states that you are unable to attend classes
  • Bereavement of close family members such as parents or grandparents
  • Major political upheaval or natural disaster in the home country that require emergency travel and this has impacted on the student’s studies
  • A traumatic experience (these cases should be supported by police or psychologist’s report) which could include:

◦       Involvement in, or witnessing of a serious accident,

◦       Or witnessing or being the victim of a serious crime,


If deferral is longer than 28 days, you must leave the country unless you have exceptional circumstances.